- Avco Tool & Die founded by Michael G. Solcz in a 1,200 square foot facility on Shepherd Street East in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Stanley Stepp joins the company as a 50% partner.
- Company name changed to Valiant Machine & Tool Inc.
- Santo Piccinato joins the company as partner.
- Valiant relocates to 7470 Tecumseh Road East in Windsor.
Photo: Michael G. Solcz, Stanley Stepp, Santo Piccinato
- Valco Manufacturing Inc. is established, adding in-house fabrication capabilities; 7470 Tecumseh Road East expanded by 40,000 square feet to accommodate.
- Valiant Tool & Mold Inc. established in Windsor, specializing in design and manufacturing of plastic injection tooling.
- TMS founded in Linz, Austria by ÖIAG (Österreichische Staatsindustrie) from Voest Alpine Maschinenbau – Integrated Systems division.
- Valiant International, Inc. established in Troy, Michigan, USA, strengthening the company’s engineering capabilities.
- Valiant relocates to 6161 Tecumseh Road East in Windsor to accommodate a large Ford door assembly line project.
- Valiant develops first body in white framing system for Chrysler Canada’s new LH Series.
- Valiant awarded aerospace contract from The Boeing Company.
- TMS opens new Headquarters in Linz, Austria
- Valiant named Ford global supplier of closure systems.
- Developed 18 vehicle framing systems for General Motors.
- Partnership formed with Steelweld in the Netherlands to support global Ford programs.
- Further global expansion: Valiant International NV in Belgium, Avco Tech in the United Kingdom, Anton Bauer in Germany; Global IEM in Canada; R & R Tool & Mold in Canada
- Valiant becomes the first company to be awarded the prestigious ISO9001-QS9000-TE designation.
- Valiant acquires 100% of E.R. St. Denis Inc., adding hemming equipment capabilities.
- New headquarters built at 9355 Anchor Drive in Windsor to accommodate growing body in white business.
- Valco Manufacturing begins production of parts for heavy construction and forestry products.
- All Canadian facilities certified ISO-14001.
- 6 Sigma initiative launched.
- Business unit launched to focus on tier-1 automotive customers.
- Hydroforming production begins at 6161 Tecumseh Road East.
- Valiant receives Ford World Excellence Award for Social Responsibility.
- Valiant acquires 100% of TMS Transport- und Montagesysteme GmbH in Europe to better serve our customers globally; forming Valiant TMS.
- Valiant TMS receives Boeing Performance Excellence Award and later named Boeing Supplier of the Year 2007.
- Valiant TMS celebrates 50 years in business.
- Valiant TMS Systems Pvt. Ltd. established in Pune, India.
- Valiant TMS named 2009 GM Supplier of the Year.
- New facility constructed in Linz, Austria to accommodate growth.
- Valiant TMS Ro s.r.l. established in Oradea, Romania.
- Valiant TMS GmbH established in Cologne, Germany.
- Valiant TMS opens Training and Development Centre in Windsor in response to an industry-wide skilled trades shortage.
- Valiant de Mexico established in Queretaro, Mexico.
- Valiant TMS Rus OOO established in Moscow, Russia.
- Valiant TMS Spanien S.L established in Barcelona, Spain.
- Valiant TMS named 2013 GM Supplier of the Year.
- Valiant TMS Technology Shanghai Co., Ltd. established in Shanghai, China.
- Valiant TMS named 2014 GM Supplier of the Year.
- Valiant TMS received Volkswagen Group Award 2014.
- Valiant TMS receives 2015 Ford World Excellence Award for Welding Equipment / Body Construction.
- Valiant TMS named GM Supplier of the Year 2015.
- Valiant TMS acquires 187,000 square foot facility at 2469 Executive Hills Drive in Auburn Hills, Michigan to expand US operations and add manufacturing space.
- Valiant TMS acquired by a Chinese consortium, expanding our global scale to deliver total solutions.
- St. Clair College takes over the Training and Development Center.
- Valiant TMS celebrates 60 years in business.
- The company has positioned itself as a provider of intelligent automation solutions for the smart factory of the future (Industry 4.0).
A streamlined brand identity is rolled out to better reflect our technology-driven company.
- Certain assets of our Tool & Mold division sold to Concours Mold Inc., enabling Valiant TMS to continue concentrating on its core business of designing and integrating intelligent automation systems for the automotive, aerospace and heavy industry sectors.