Workplace Harassment Policy
Valiant TMS is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment including but not limited to workplace sexual harassment.
Valiant TMS policy, strictly prohibits harassment on the basis of sex, orientation, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, belief, height, weight, marital status, family status, economic status, handicap or other unlawful criteria as defined by statute and practice.
Unlawful harassment includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours or other verbal or physical conduct relating to an individual’s sex, orientation, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, belief, height, weight, marital status, family status, economic status, handicap or other unlawful criteria as defined by statute and practice.
Valiant TMS shall take all reasonable steps to prevent harassment from occurring and shall initiate an immediate investigation and in the most confidential manner possible and undertake the appropriate remedial action.
Racial, ethnic and other forms of prohibited harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- visual conduct, including displaying of derogatory objects or pictures, cartoons, or posters; and
- verbal conduct, including making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs and jokes.
Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- unwanted sexual advances;
- offering employment benefits in exchange for sexual favours;
- making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances;
- visual conduct, including leering, making sexual gestures, displaying of
- sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons, or posters;
- verbal conduct, including making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, and jokes;
- verbal sexual advances or propositions;
- verbal abuse of a sexual nature, graphic verbal commentaries about an individual’s body, sexually degrading words used to describe an individual, suggestive or obscene letters, notes, or invitations; and
- physical contact, including touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
All Team Members will refrain from nicknames or terms of endearment with a racial or sexual orientation.
Any Team Member who believes that he or she has suffered workplace harassment in any form, or has witnessed the same, shall report the incident(s) to his or her manager, a Human Resources representative or any member of the Leadership. If the Harasser is the supervisor, the Team Member is to go to HR to report the issue. The HR department and Leadership shall investigate and deal with all concerns, incidents and complaints of workplace harassment in a fair, timely and confidential manner respecting the privacy of all concerned, providing final details of the investigation only to those as required by law. Information to be obtained about any individual, will not be disclosed unless the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of investigating or taking corrective action with respect to the incident or complaint. The Team Member who has alleged the workplace harassment must also be informed in writing the outcome of the investigation.
Further, Valiant TMS assures all Team Members who report harassment occurrences that they shall be protected from any further acts of harassment, coercion or intimidation and any other form of retaliation due to their reporting an incident or participating in an investigation or proceeding concerning the alleged harassment.
Team Members who violate this policy shall be subject to a disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
A workplace free from any form of workplace harassment, including workplace sexual harassment, is everyone’s responsibility. It is therefore essential that each person understands the importance and benefits of a harassment free workplace.