Accessibility for Team Members with Disabilities Policy
Valiant TMS is committed to providing quality services accessible to all and to communicating with all persons with disabilities taking into account their disabilities.
Valiant TMS, in so doing, respects and supports the principle that every person has the right to equitable treatment with respect to employment, services, goods and facility access and accommodation provided in a manner allowing for:
- Independence – allowing people with disabilities to do things on their own without unnecessary help or interference from others;
- Dignity – providing services in a way that allows people with disabilities to maintain self-respect and the respect of others;
- Integration – allowing people with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in the same or similar ways as others; and
- Equality of opportunity – offering people with disabilities an equal opportunity to benefit from Valiant TMS services and benefits, as applicable.
The following acts/laws are recognized at Valiant TMS operating units:
- Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) – Canada
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – USA
- European Accessibility Act (EAA) – Europe
- Persons with Disability Law (no. 13, 146/2015) – Brazil
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act (RPD) – India
- Law on the Protection of Persons with Disabilities (Decree #3) – China
- General Law for the Inclusion of People with Disabilities (LGPID) – Mexico
- Disabled People South Africa (DPSA) – South Africa
- General Law on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (BOE, 3 December 2013) – Spain
Where no act/law exists where an operating unit of Valiant TMS is located, the United Nations – Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) shall be followed.
We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, Valiant TMS will consider the impact on people with disabilities prior to making any changes to this policy and shall modify or remove any Valiant TMS policy, procedure, work instruction or practice that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.